Newton's laws of motion as applied to me.

General Aviation focused journal, recounting the process of learning to fly and of achieving the private pilots license.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Three down, four to go

Passed the Navigation exam today with a fairly respectable score of 88%. The actual exam was easier than I had anticipated and really I should have taken it a little sooner. I did however use the entire 1hr 30min time allowance and then had to rush to answer the remaining five questions due to time running out. A couple of questions I got wrong because I missread the questions, it seems the exam authors like to write questions that contain alot of misleading data so will watch for that in future exams more carefully.

Anyway, I still have four more exams to worry about; Human Factors, Aircraft Technical, Flight Planning and RT.

I am hoping to study each night and complete all four exams by the end of this month in readyness for the skill test. No doubt this goal will slip as I am a software developer and therefore have creating vastly ambitious timescales down to a fine artform.

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, September 11, 2005 9:39:00 pm, Blogger Flyinkiwi said…

    Firstly, congratulations!! You have done something I am yet to achieve - namely pass the Nav exam. :)

    Was it a multi choice test?

     
  • At Monday, September 12, 2005 7:32:00 pm, Blogger Chris said…

    Thanks Euan :-), yes it was a multiple choice with four possible answers for each question.

    Basically I was given a route described in both airport names and also map co-ordinates which I then had to plot on the map. The majority of the questions relate then to this route such as headings, drift, diversions, airspaces considerations and MSA. With plenty of other calculation based questions such as being able to convert from imperial gallons to litres and then working out full consumption over a given distance etc.

    Once you have done all the navigation lessons you will have had loads of practice at all of these questions and the exam therefore is not to difficult.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home