Newton's laws of motion as applied to me.

General Aviation focused journal, recounting the process of learning to fly and of achieving the private pilots license.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Weather and cost

Damn, the weather is nice outside.. sunny with scattered cloud.. I want to be flying! I am hoping that I get a call from my CFI to say a slot has opened up in his schedule for this weekend. One concern I have about my chosen flying school is that they appear to have more students than the instructors can handle, which may not give me the 3 or 4 lessons a week I want. I guess if I am going to change flying schools I had better do it soon!

Another moan point, why is it so expensive to learn in the UK compared with the USA? It costs almost three times the amount! I can expect to spend around £8,500.00 pounds or approximately $15,000.00 dollars learning. If I had the time, I would consider taking an extended holiday to the USA to learn, but the time is something I can afford less than the actual money :-(.

Anyway, if anyone is reading, have a good weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:01:00 am, Blogger Kris Johnson said…

    You'll have to get used to being at the mercy of the weather gods. I try to get two or three lessons per week, but there have been a couple of periods when I couldn't fly for a week or two due to weather. It can be frustrating, but I've learned to accept it.

    I almost had my first solo two weeks ago, but thunderstorms came in and screwed it up. Then I had two weeks of ground lessons when ceilings were too low. Luckily, things worked out today, and I finally got to solo.

    FWIW, I'm expecting my training to end up costing me around $12,000. I don't know why things are more expensive in the UK, but I've heard that standards in the US are a lot easier to meet than those elsewhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home