Newton's laws of motion as applied to me.

General Aviation focused journal, recounting the process of learning to fly and of achieving the private pilots license.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

No go

Strong winds and turbulence meant today's lesson was cancelled. A high pressure weather front has just moved in and the forecast is for a very fine week ahead, which is good because I am hoping to fly everyday this week.

Despite the cancellation I prepared the navigation just for practice, three legs this time. At the moment I am planning navigation using pilotage which means using a chart, flight computer and stopwatch, it is actually pretty hard work planning a route but good fun none-the-less.

I have another lesson tomorrow morning so hopefully I will get to fly the planned route , although I will need to recalculate the various variables such as headings, airspeeds and fuel consumption due to the changes in the wind forecast.

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, August 14, 2005 11:12:00 pm, Blogger Oshawapilot said…

    It's nice to see that everyone in all the blogs I read (yours included) is so excited about navigation and flight planning.

    I wish I could say the same for myself, but it's one of those things that I'm begrudgingly coming to accept as necessary.

    Yes, busting Toronto's class B, or just plain getting lost, would probably suck, so I'd better smarten up and take an interest in nav like everyone else. (Grin)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home