Newton's laws of motion as applied to me.

General Aviation focused journal, recounting the process of learning to fly and of achieving the private pilots license.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Check-out on Cessna 172 part 2

This afternoon I was able to complete the check-out process on Lima Sierra, we went up an hour later than planned due to a delay in the schedule however managed to finish just before sunset. The check-out today was mostly PFL's, steep turns some radio nav and emergency procedures such as engine fire. On the whole it went fairly well, although it took me a moment adjusting to different positions of controls when carrying out the PFL procedures, the good thing is we would have made a landing on each occasion into wind and into a reasonably large field. Steep turns were fine although again having no horizon due to dense haze brought visibility down to around 5km, which didn't make these too easy.

Coming in to land Peter asked for a short field landing on the numbers and somehow I managed to perform my first 'greaser' in Lima Sierra just past the numbers.

Another fun flight.

I should now be set for a flight on Saturday, it is a fly-in for students which I went to last year when I was a student, the idea is qualified pilots each take one or more students along for additional experience and a chance to meet some of the pilot community. So this year I am taking another Blackbushe based student and Tristine in Lima Sierra to Wellesbourne-Mountford airfield, hopefully if the weather is good enough on the return leg I plan to fly over parts of Wales to do some sight seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home