Newton's laws of motion as applied to me.

General Aviation focused journal, recounting the process of learning to fly and of achieving the private pilots license.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

New Ride

This morning I awoke to an eagerly anticipated voice mail message telling me I had been accepted into a Cessna 172 group following meeting the group members a couple of days ago. The aircraft itself is a 1969 Reims-Cessna F172h which has been very well looked after. I had the opportunity to take a ride courtesy of one of the group members and found her to be a delight to fly and was impressed with all aspects of the aircraft and the group.

The decision was taken to join a group rather than go it alone with an aircraft because it gives me the added bonus of meeting a bunch of very friendly guys with whom to share the responsibility and who can offer me the benefit of their flying experience. I hope also I can bring some of my skills and time into the group so they can also benefit.

Therefore my first sortie into aircraft ownership has begun. I will post more about her in the next week once I have had time to take a few pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home