Newton's laws of motion as applied to me.

General Aviation focused journal, recounting the process of learning to fly and of achieving the private pilots license.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Lack of flying

The weekend trip to Cherbourg went ahead, although without me.. number of factors conspired against me forcing me to pull out on the morning of the trip. I will however get another chance during the summer no doubt.

I reserved LS for yesterday and today, on both occasions had to cancel due to miserable weather.. we have extremely light winds, relatively warm temperatures and high dew point, you guessed it, fog and mist! Sadly total IMC conditions. The weather tomorrow is forecast to improve immensely however so I have made a third reservation to take up a friend who is interested in learning to fly himself.

A at Cabair called me to offer me a couple more ferry flights for this afternoon, but due to wx I will now do these first thing in the morning, which is excellent. This week my flexibility with work is extremely good because I am waiting for acceptance of a technology proposal I submitted last week which can't be agreed until next week! Therefore rather than sitting around doing nothing I may as well fly as much as the weather allows. I will also be flying LS Friday with our engineer, he is going to take a look at a problem we may be experiencing with loss of power output from the engine and a slight oil leak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home