Newton's laws of motion as applied to me.

General Aviation focused journal, recounting the process of learning to fly and of achieving the private pilots license.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Air Law Exam Passed

The past few evenings/days have found me revising in preperation for the Air Law exam, I am using the AFE study books by Jeremy Pratt and have found them to be simple to understand and easy to read. I decided this morning I felt confident with my recently aquired knowledge and therefore went to Blackbushe to sit the exam.

The exam paper was challenging and I only managed a score of 85% which was slightly dissappointing, there were two questions I really should have got right and mistakenly didn't. I did however manage to get more than the 75% required and therefore gained a pass result. This now means I can solo tomorrow perhaps, depending on Antonio's confidence I won't kill myself in the process.

With hindsight, I have had alot of lessons recently and this has meant my practical flying knowledge has exceeded my theoretical knowledge. I'm thinking now would be a good time to ease back on the practical side, reducing to one or two lessons a week in order to give me the time to cover the other exam material adequately. I have a week off work booked in August where I plan to fly 2 hours each day, which I will keep as I hope to cover some of the navigation curriculm within that week, but until then I will spend more time concentrating on the theory side.

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 17, 2005 5:52:00 pm, Blogger Oshawapilot said…

    Another milestone passed. I will be awaiting your solo story tommorow. :)

    If you plan on flying that many hours each and every day on your upcoming time off, you will certainly make leaps and bounds towards your licence. I know alot of people that swear by the "fly often" method. Simply for financial reasons, I've been forced to the "fly once a week" method, which thankfully has been working well for me.

    I suspect you'll have your ticket and be buzzing about the skies with a planeload of passengers before I accomplish the same however, at the pace you are zipping along at. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home