Newton's laws of motion as applied to me.

General Aviation focused journal, recounting the process of learning to fly and of achieving the private pilots license.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Late flight

On the spur of the moment I decided to go flying again yesterday, the weather was beautiful so figured I couldn't let it go to waste. I called a couple of friends of ours, Mike and his wife Vicky and asked if they wanted to come along. They did so we all met up and headed to Blackbushe.

Vicky had to yet to fly in a light aircraft, and she is coming along on tomorrows trip to Cornwall therefore it was a good chance to see if she likes it before tomorrow, as the flight time will be a couple of hours each leg.

We departed at 6:30pm after the airfield tower had closed for the evening, so all radio was to "Blackbushe Traffic". Matt an instructor I know was doing a PFL with his student so we waited at the hold until they landed. Then we went.

I had not planned anything other than checking the weather and the NOTAMS so headed out to familiar area over to the west and just flew around for a bit. Vicky enjoyed it, she was sitting in the front right seat with Mike in the back, Mike took some photos. The weather was equally as good in the air, with superb visibility and only some scattered cloud at around 4000. There was also little other traffic which surprised me, I had expected it to be really busy on a day like today.

The fuel pumps were closed before we left therefore I didn't have as long as I would have liked in the air, so we headed back after around 45minutes of flying aimlessly around. The landing was a fairly good one and an improvement on my last couple.

Afterwards we went for a beer at the bar and got talking to another couple of pilots, one of whom is another forumite on the flyer.co.uk forums. After awhile we went back for a BBQ after collecting Tris.

Nice way to spend an evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home