Newton's laws of motion as applied to me.

General Aviation focused journal, recounting the process of learning to fly and of achieving the private pilots license.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Wx is not my friend

Woke up early this morning having spent the previous evening going over emergency checklists for engine fire, electrical fire etc, in preperation for the check-out before solo today. I drew back the curtains and clear blue sky with nearly no wind, all looks good so I head down to the flying school. Time I arrive there cloud has appeared overhead and there appears to be alot of haze, looking accross the runway the far trees look fairly obscured, hmm this is not looking good.

Before long Antonio arrives as does Peter, the chief flying instructor, he decides to go up and check the weather in the air as the METAR reports cloudbase at 1300ft, which may be ok for the solo (circuit height is 800ft AGL). While he is gone Antonio and me chat for awhile, discussing procedures and his first solo experience, it is good and he does a great job of keeping me relaxed.

Peter returns and says it is excellent weather for solo flight, nearly no wind, smooth air but visibility is just too poor due to the rising haze. I am dissappointed but then these things happen.

I *might* get a chance to solo later on today, depending on the visibility and if space can be made on the schedule for both Antonio and Peter. I will post again if I do get to go, otherwise it might happen over the weekend. I am so psyched to do this I hope I don't get another week of waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home